Jay IronsPrincipal, Financial Advisor
- 10 South Jefferson Street
Roanoke, VA 24011
Jay became part of CAPTRUST in 2018 when Catawba Capital Management joined CAPTRUST. He serves as a principal and financial advisor responsible for providing investment advisory services and comprehensive wealth management services to high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. Jay cofounded Catawba Capital Management in 1992. As a senior vice president at Catawba, he managed client portfolios and served as the firm's chief compliance officer and corporate secretary. According to Jay, "I want to always make sure we focus on clients' needs and objectives, create diversified, high-quality investment portfolios that survive the test of time and provide for beneficiaries for years in the future."
Prior to Catawba, he worked at Dominion Investment Banking as a senior vice president and institutional bond sales manager. Jay has been active in the investment management industry for more than 30 years. When he’s not at the office, he likes to officiate college lacrosse, fly fish, golf, hike, and bike in the mountains surrounding Roanoke.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Washington and Lee University
- Bond Club of Virginia, member, former board member
- Southwest Virginia Lacrosse Association, treasurer
- St. John's Episcopal Church, former treasurer and vestry member
- Roanoke Symphony Orchestra, past president and treasurer
- Blue Ridge Zoological Society, past board member and volunteer
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Favorite Book or Movie:
- On Hallowed Ground | The Last of the Mohicans
- Ideal Dinner Guest:
- Patrick Henry, Andrew Carnegie, and my deceased father
- Words to Live By:
- Work hard, treat everyone you meet with dignity and respect, and enjoy life.
- Qualities I Admire in People:
- Finishing something you started, honesty, and being respectful of others