Fred Sloan, CFASenior Vice President, Financial Advisor
- 3 Dakota Drive
Lake Success, NY 11042
Fred became part of CAPTRUST in 2018 when FCE Group merged with CAPTRUST. He serves as a principal and financial advisor and is responsible for the management of multi-strategy investment portfolios. Fred is experienced in providing trusted, highly skilled, fee-based, client-focused wealth management, investment advisory, and financial planning services, and has a history of maintaining client relationships over the long term and getting to know clients in depth.
In 2007, Fred founded Island Brook Partners LP, an alternative fund of hedge funds. From 2001 through 2007, he was president of Kemnay Advisory Services. Prior to Kemnay, Fred worked at Ivy Asset Management from 1990 through 2001. Fred has been active in the investment management industry for nearly 30 years.
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from the State University of New York at Binghamton
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®)
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts
- State University of New York at Binghamton investment committee
- Brooklyn, NY
- Favorite Book or Movie:
- Hamilton | The Godfather
- Ideal Dinner Guest:
- Al Slodkowitz, Ronald Reagan, and George Harrison
- Words to Live By:
- The only thing I know is that I have today.
- Qualities I Admire in People:
- The willingness to listen, a sense of humor and the ability to communicate straightforwardly