John D. CurryChief Marketing Officer
- 4208 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
As chief marketing officer, John is responsible for all areas of strategic marketing, business development support, and brand marketing for the firm. He joined the firm in 2012.
John has worked in the industry since 1986, serving in leadership roles with firms such as Interstate/Johnson Lane, Putnam Investments, AllianceBernstein, and ProShares. His experience spans all areas of marketing and product management, including content creation, digital marketing, product development and design, market research, branding, and sales campaign management.
John serves as editor in chief and art director for CAPTRUST’s proprietary magazine, VESTED, since its inception in 2014 and plays guitar in the company’s in-house garage rock bank, The Rollovers. When he’s not at work, John enjoys time with his dogs, playing music, and traveling with his wife, Marcela.
- Bachelor of Science degree in biology from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill
- Master of Business Administration from McColl School of Business at Queens University
- Graduate, Bell Leadership Achievers Program
- Member, Retirement Advisor Council (RAC)
- Past Board Member, CAPTRUST Community Foundation
- Past Member, CAPTRUST Community Foundation Grants Committee
Awards and Recognition
- Blumenthal Fellowship
- CAPTRUST Innovation Award Winner, 2013-2015
- CAPTRUST Most Valuable Player Award, 2015
- Charlotte, NC
- Favorite Book or Movie:
- The Art of Happiness by Howard Cutler and the Dalai Lama
- Ideal Dinner Guest:
- My dad, Thomas Jefferson, and Nikola Tesla
- Words to Live By:
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Qualities I Admire in People:
- Authenticity, hustle, patience
- Favorite Philanthropy:
- CAPTRUST Community Foundation