In the decade since passage of the Pension Protection Act (PPA), target date funds (TDFs) have become an increasingly important part of many retirement plans, and their growing share of plan assets is drawing the attention of regulators. Meanwhile, asset managers are working to differentiate their products and cope with changing markets, making it a challenge for plan sponsors to monitor this important plan component.
Questions we hear most from plan sponsors about TDFs include:
• How have TDFs evolved since the passage of PPA?
• What are the current trends among providers?
• What are best practices for selection and monitoring?
• Is our TDF series right for our plan participants?
• What does the future hold for TDFs?
In this webinar, CAPTRUST Defined Contribution Practice Leader Scott Matheson moderates a 45-minute discussion on the current state of target date funds with CAPTRUST senior investment and target date fund experts, Jennifer Dunbar and David Hood.
Click here to listen to the recording.
Another resource that may be helpful in learning more about TDFs is the following: